The Hartford Insurance Company Affordable Auto Insurance
The Hartford Insurance Company has been in the business for more than 200 years providing a whole range of major insurance products including but not limited to auto, home, business, and worker’s compensation. In a small number of states, its auto and home insurance policies are sold and underwritten by its subsidiary, the Trumbull Insurance Company. The subsidiary handles the products in at least five states as follows:
- Washington (Home Insurance Programs)
- Michigan (Auto and Home Insurance Programs)
- Minnesota (Auto Insurance Programs)
- Pennsylvania (Auto Insurance Programs)
- Texas (Home Insurance Programs)
Apart from the policies or programs handled by the subsidiary, all insurance products are available directly from the company.
Hartford also offers Business Insurance for all companies in the following industries:
– Arborists & Landscaping – Personal Care Services
– Associations – Pet Services
– Business Services – Printing & Publishing
– Contractors & Construction – Professional & Specialty Services
– Cultural – Professional Services
– Education – Real Estate & Related
– Energy – Restaurants & Food
– Finance & Insurance – Retail
– Healthcare – Security
– Livestock – Specialized Truck Equipment
– Manufacturing – Technology
– Mass Media – Wholesalers & Distributors
Insurance products are available for businesses of all sizes. Essential business coverage options are as follows:
- General Liability Insurance: commercial properties (the physical structures or buildings policyholders use to run their businesses) are just like personal properties in the sense that it is subject to liability. Regardless of how cautious you are, accidents can happen in the property’s vicinity which can end up in lawsuit against the owner. This coverage helps protect owners from the risk of bodily injury, property damage, and advertising mistakes.
- Business Income Insurance: in the event the business must suspend operation due to loss from covered perils, the coverage replaces the resulted loss income. For small business which relies on steady cash flow to pay rent and maintain proper payroll, it can be an indispensable financial protection.
- Commercial Property Insurance: physical structure of a company is only small part of the overall value of the property. Business operations require a large variety of equipment for examples computer, vehicles, and furniture pieces. In the event those items are rendered unusable due to covered perils, the coverage helps cover the losses.
Essential business coverage options may seem limited, but Hartford business insurance allows policyholders to customize the policy with some additional protections such as Data Breach, Surety & Fidelity Bonds, Risk Engineering, Commercial Umbrella Insurance, and Worker’s Compensations.
What is Worker’s Compensation Insurance?
If business insurance coverage is designed for the company or business owners, Worker’s Compensations are for the employees or workers. It provides benefits for workers in the event of work-related illnesses or injuries such as medical care and wages lost due to incapacity to do work. Even the family of a deceased worker receives financial benefits, too. In case the family decides to file a lawsuit against the company for the death of the worker, the insurance helps cover the legal fees.
Some situations where Worker’s Compensation Insurance offers financial assistance:
- An employee who works in a warehouse gets injured from lifting a heavy wooden box during work hours in the office. Assuming the injury results in medical emergency, Worker’s Compensation helps cover the cost for treatments and physical therapy if needs be.
- An employee who cannot go to work due to work-related injuries the day before. If the employee ends up requiring several weeks of recovery time, Worker’s Compensation helps cover the lost wages.
- An employee who gets involved in a traffic accident during the trip from/to the office.
All the examples above indicate that the employee requires some sorts of medical attentions and treatments. In the mean time, the employee cannot go to work due to the accidents or the subsequent recovery time. Worker’s Compensation helps not only to pay the cost for medical treatments but also keep the income while the employee takes time to heal the injuries.
Hartford homeowners insurance also offer access to quality professionals to help employees or their families handle with the difficulties resulted from work-related unfortunate injuries/deaths. In rare situations when the employee is permanently injured that he/she can no longer perform the works, there is a long-term benefit as well. Major advantages of Worker’s Compensation include:
- Prescription Drug: the company works with a network of pharmacies (more than 65,000 of them across the United States) to help the injured worker fill prescriptions without out-of-pocket expense. Mail order via phone or online is also available to make it easier for policyholders to get their medicines.
- Preferred Medical Provider Network: There are more than a million of medical providers which work with Hartford to deliver professional treatments in case of work-related injuries or illnesses.
- Pay-As-You-Go: Worker’s Compensation Insurance is available with pay-as-you-go basis. It means the premium is based on employee’s actual payroll; for employees, the payment option allows for better cash flow management.
- Nurse Back to Health: physical, occupational, and emotional therapies are provided only by experienced nurses. They coordinate the care to help better and quicker recovery time for those in need.
Another highlight of Hartford Worker’s Compensation is the Needlestick Reimbursement Program. It is a coverage that provides financial protections for employees working at healthcare facilities in the event they get accidental injuries from needle. Initial health tests of the employee and source patient are all covered as well as the subsequent tests if the employee agrees.
Help? CALL 877-378-4573 (Auto Insurance for New Customers) Our support team is available 24/7